Open Source Hardware is just a methodology. OSHdata studies the brands, markets, products, and people who make it work.
That’s you. We are connecting the dots between projects, products, and people, to help this community grow. Expand to new markets. Sign new partnerships. See who is leading the market.
We do this through frequent updates about newly certified hardware through the Open Source Hardware Association, a monthly email newsletter, and regular reports.
Robert Mies – investigating open design and open source hardware (OSH) development as Research Associate at TU Berlin since 2016. My current activities are:
- Project Management OPENNEXT (H2020-funded)
- Project Lead Open.Make (funded by Berlin University Alliance)
- Deputy Chair Open Hardware Observatory OHO e.V.
- Associate Editor at the Design Science Journal (DSJ) (see Thematic Collection Open Design and Open Source Hardware Product Development)
I try to keep the following list of published works up to date: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0195-7405
Please reach out to me directly via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +49 (30) 314-25930
Martin Häuer – active in various communities and dedicated to the infrastructure for Open Source Hardware since 2018, current main activities:
- Chairman of Open Source Ecology Germany e.V. (non-profit)
- Coordinating development for the Library of Open Source Hardware (LOSH) and the corresponding metadata specification (OKH-LOSH) in the OPEN!NEXT project (H2020-funded)
- Contributor in all workstreams of CEN/CENELEC‘s project Open Source Solutions to bring open source principles into official standardisation on European level
You can meet me at talks and discussions around Open Source Hardware or simply reach out to me via eMail email@example.com. Looking forward to e-meet you 🙂
Jan Peuckert – economist who studies how peer communities drive sustainable innovation and social change. My current activities are:
- Research Fellow at the Institute for Ecological Economy Research (IÖW)
- Project Lead PeerInnovation, research project that explores new data sources and methods for measuring peer innovation (funded by the German Ministry of Research and Education)
You can contact me via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +49 30 884594-28.
Harris Kenny – working in OSH since 2014. Along the way I have:
- Certified dozens of products.
- Sold tens of thousands of units.
- Signed global distributor agreements.
- Assisted in FCC and CE compliance.
- Served on the OSHWA Board.